Saturday, April 11, 2009

hula and hawaii. フラだよ!

My hula instructors and I. :)

I take hula classes on Saturdays at the Kaiana Hula Studio. Yuriko San started this studio in 1998. She lived in Hawaii, mastered the oh so difficult hula skill, and decided to come back to Tokyo and open her own studio.
I will be in Hawaii next week with Miyoko san and her friend. I'm seriously really excited to return to Hawaii- wow, it's been 14 years since my family and I lived there.
My hula instructors will also be there in Hawaii at the same time doing a competion!! I thought that was cool. However, they will be on the big island (Hilo) and we will be on Oahu!
I'll definitely take pictures of my vacation to Hawaii!
アローハ!aloha!! ;)

3 comments:

Ka Ki said...

Hey gal, very cool.....enjoy your trip in Hawaii! Hey I love reading your blog. I do have one too!

Sonya said...

YAY!!! Hope you're having fun!! :) Can't wait to see your pictures!!

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

So exciting Audge that you are heading out on a little vacation to Hawaii! You will definitely have to hula it up there...you are the cutest hula girl ever. I miss you my sweet Audge..and hope I get to talk with you sometime in the near future! I love you my dear friend!