Monday, April 6, 2009

さくらとかみさまのあいです。

this is outside of the imperial palace.


people were waiting in line like disney land to ride the boats. けっこうです。

the hungry tree.

the battle of the boats. dun dun dun.


Mayuko and I ;)





dried fish on a stick. could life get any better? i venture to say no.

Kana and I went to ueno and ate her childhood school snack あげぱん。 fried bread= heaven covered in sugar.


yuta, daniel and I at yoyogi park. they played football and I..took pictures.

Psalm 73:26
As for me, it is good to be near God.
I have made the sovereign Lord my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds.

I look at this passage and see wow!- a verse that explains maybe our whole life as a child of God in just 2 sentences.
Be close to God
trust and take cover under him.
tell the world what he's done for you.

Lately God has been teaching me more about his love. He's been showing me how life with him is so much more than what I do or who I think (or others) I am.

When we share of God's love and the things he has done for us, people can see right through if we're fake. Audrey, is God really your refuge? Do you really trust Him? Is he really your everything, or is your hope in other things? I often ask myself these questions. I have to, because I share with the Japanese of this Love and no language/cultural barrier will be able to hide if I'm fake.
I want the Japanese to understand the God that I love. And I want them to know how much he really loves them. Japanese are actually surprised when I tell them "God loves you!" They either laugh or ask why-- and it's an honest why.
This season is the はなみ season. It's the short week when the cherry blossoms bloom and the streets and parks are filled with trees that canopy over all the Japanese like pink snow from heaven. It is lovely and so unique to Japan. This is one of the many ways that God says to the Japanese I LOVE you my children, come to me I will give you rest.

4 comments:

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

WOAH! how did you learn to do that Japanese writing stuff...??? Way too advanced for the likes of me!
p.s. fish on a stick = GROSS

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

Ohhhh, love the new layout...it's very Audrey-ish!

Faye Creech said...

Beautiful words, beautiful pictures! Esp. the quote from Psalm - thank you! Hope you are looking forward to a glorious Easter and that it will draw seekers there to learn more about our amazing Savior. Praying for you and those around you-
-Faye

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

You are amazing Audge! And these pictures are amazing...it looks so beautiful there. I also can't wait for the day I can visit Japan with you and fall in love with those beautiful faces like you have. One day! I wish there was some way I could hear your voice? Skype doesn't work so great here. Can you send me your cell phone number and the country code for Japan? I LOVE YOU Audge Podge and miss you like CRAZY!!