Saturday, January 10, 2009

for the moments i feel weak.



Even though I am exhausted out of my skull right now, I want to write this blog tonight because I want my psychotic excitement to bleed all through this!!
We just got today back from a meeting in shizouka, which is about two hours away from us here in Tokyo. This meeting was filled with refreshing goodness that my thirsty soul needed. We had elbert smith there, he spoke on getting the gospel out for the glory of God.
You know, there are a lot of times in my walk that I have gotten a little distracted and pulled off my course. Most of that is because I stop trusting God and I get all freaked out about my future. Which, why do I even do that? My life is ALL about him, so of course it's going to work out. Romans 8:28 has so been my caffeine this week. I think THIS is my life verse.
it says- And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
There is only one thing in my life that I'm sure of. One thing. I was made to serve the Japanese people so that they too can know the awesomeness of my friend and savior Jesus. When I share the gospel with the japanese, I am most happy, I am most satisfied. I am convinced that NO THING has EVER made me happier or ever could. :)
Tonight we picked up our new intern, Jessica- aka Jessi. She just finished her mechanical engineering degree and before she goes to work with the astronauts for NASA she decided to come to Japan and share with them about Jesus for three months.
We went out to eat tonight for a goodbye dinner with a volunteer team. And while we were in the restaurant there were some kids- 26 years old, sitting at the bar next to our table. Buddy and Jessi started talking to them first then I was like hey I want in on the fun. One of our new friends was indeed very tipsy- and hilarious at that! After the volunteers and Buddy left our new friends ha and yu invited jessica and I to go sit at one of the tables with them. They got Jessi and I an awesome oreo shake and they got beer and coke. At first we were just laughing and cracking jokes. Yu's english was pretty good and with our little bit of Japanese we conjured up a pretty entertaining conversation! By the end of our night with them- they had the gospel of john in their hands, and the story of Jesus in their hearts. We were able to share about Jesus and a little about our testimony as well.
In those moments with them, I was so happy and so full of joy. I love love love sharing with the Japanese. I am free in those moments. because in these moments I forget about my worries, the unknowns of my future, and the why's of my life. in those moments i am most excited about my savior. I am SO honored to be used here.
please pray for our new friends, who we have plans to hang out with again really soon, that God would protect the seeds planted. And please pray for Jessi and our new ministry.
ma ta. ;)
many more updates to go.

3 comments:

Faye Creech said...

God is soooo good!! This left me in tears! I thank our Savior for you, for your heart for the Japanese, and for the technology that lets me share His goodness from halfway around the world! You are prayed for, loved by an everlasting God, and I'm sure your family misses you dearly but how many wonderful new family members you will share eternity with because you are away from your earthly family and friends. Praying for you and all of the Japanese students who are so seeking the truth and hope that only Jesus can give.
Love to you - may you know that ALL things work together for good, because you love Him most.
-F

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

Alive in This Moment - Starfield...listen to it! It's SO you!

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

I love it Audge. Its amazing that God has made you to feel so free and comfortable when you are sharing about Him with your friends in Japan. He has given you such a gift. You are the most amazing person I know with people. I mean, you have the gift of making anyone feel comfortable and at ease with you. It's amazing that you are using that gift to build up the Kingdom! Its just so beautiful..your story is so beautiful.