







akiko came to visit.. we kept the tradition alive as she made her way to tokyo. Akiko, for those of you who don't know.. happens to be the most awesome Jesus lovin' Japanese girl that exists. Our babies will be friends, guaranteed!
It's been really great spending the holidays here with my Japanese friends! Of course I miss my family, but I love it here too. Catch 22- when I'm home I can't shut up about Japan and when I'm here I miss Pensacola beach and driving.. ohhh I miss driving.
Anyway, don't have a clue what I'm doing with my life.. and i'm somehow learning that is just the place to be. I just love Japanese people, and i think somehow my life has to do with that. we'll check it out later and see if that is so.
Been reading a lot lately. pooch my sister got me started on nicholas sparks, well my mom too. So far..since I came home to Japan i've read redeeming love- (oh that's francine rivers), dear john, and Nights in rodanthe. I'm working on message in a bottle and then I'll start twilight next.
oh yeah, here are a couple of links to some things I've been getting into.
vintage Jesus and rain. I haven't finished the vintage Jesus series yet but my intentions are in the waiting.
www.nooma.com
http://www.marshillchurch.org/media/vintagejesus
ok, celebrating new years in Japan. You gotta eat soba for good long life, which is noodles and mochi- which is pretty much the greatest thing ever made with rice. New years day is huge here, you get together with your family and eat all the goodness.
and then one day down the road, instead of the temples being packed out.. the houses of God will be packed out. Jesus is pretty much all over Tokyo, some Japanese just don't know it yet.
Ok, well, Happy New year and oh.. it's the year of the ox.. I'll be seeing lots of ox instead of rats now. yay!

2 comments:
Audge-it looks like you and Akiko had a wonderful time together. I am so thankful for the amazing friendships that God has blessed you with in Japan. I miss you my sweet friend.
i bought banana pops...just know
Post a Comment