Wednesday, December 10, 2008

letter sixteen. sweet sixteen. i am sixteen going on seventeen, ok i'll stop.








This past Sunday our good friend Jun was baptized! We met at Jun's apartment, read some scripture and then Melissa baptized her in the ofuro (bathtub).
Jun became a Christian this past summer and is very excited about sharing her faith with her friends and family. She is a third year student at TIU studying language communication. Right now at TIU Jun and Melissa have a weekly bible study going on with several students who are becoming more and more interested in what the bible has to say about their lives.
I'm really getting excited about possibilities at Asi University. This school has been difficult to minister to, but I think we may be starting to see some fruit. As listed in my prayer request and praises, we have met a person of peace who is constantly introducing us to students. We originally met her during the summer when a vol team from California Baptist Univ came to sing in the cafeteria next to the store she is a manager of. For the last 4 times I have seen Moto san, I have been able to talk to her and give her a little card with scripture. She has been hanging these cards above her desk! This past Monday I felt so defeated and was about to check out early for the day, but God told me to go and see Moto san first. And when I did I met two girls who seemed really sweet, hopefully they will want to meet next week! The problem hasn't really been meeting students, it has been meeting up with them again. So we'll see what happens on Monday when I go back.
Thank you for praying for Tokyo.

AC,
You will be missed!!! Thank you for serving in Tokyo for the last 6 months. It has been so much fun. ;) And I just know for sure that one day all that you did here will have a huge impact on the nation of Japan coming to the Lord, as it has already. I'll be praying for you as the Lord leads you to the next phase in life. mmmmm Tim Tams! I'll miss your amazing photography ;)
And always remember.. there's no crying in Tokyo Disneyland!!

2 comments:

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

My sweet friend Audrey, I am constantly amazed at 1-your obedience. 2-your persistence. 3-your beautiful, beautiful heart that is for the lost. I miss you like crazy. I will continue to pray, and hope I get to talk with you on skype soon!

Faye Creech said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers as Christmas approaches and we know how hard it is to be away from loved ones at this time. But how great that you are doing such a work of the Lords! We lost my 18yo niece earlier this year and I have searched and searched for a verse to give them at Christmas. Your Isaiah verse led me to two different ones that are so perfect! Thank you! May you have a very blessed CHRISTmas and may 2009 bring wonderful things into your life and heart.
-The Creeches