




My two weeks in America were beautiful.
I didn't realize just how much I love and appreciate home until I went away and then came back again.
Things I enjoyed to the fullest:
My amazing family, country music, the sunshine in Florida, wide open skies, home cooked food, and of course Chickfila.
The family and I did a lot together, but really, just being with them at home was the best.
Everything seemed different in America, but I couldn't figure out if the difference was because of the change in me or there... maybe a little bit of both? But nonetheless it was good.
I couldn't help but talk about Japan all the time. I'm sure my family knows more about Japan now than they would like to.
Actually I was able to meet two Japanese girls when I was home. I met one at my home church Hillcrest Baptist, she came with a girl in our college group. It was really cool to speak Japanese with her and to immediately feel so connected. I hope she continues to study the bible and seek God so that she can return to Japan as a Christian and share with many Japanese about Jesus.
I was supposed to fly out on the 30th, but because of "weather conditions" my flight from Pensacola got me into Atlanta 10 minutes after my plane to Tokyo left with my luggage. So there I was in the Delta customer service line when I saw Michi. I asked her if she was Japanese and the next thing I knew we were eating lunch together in the airport (Qdoba taco salad- mmmmmm yummy). Since we both missed the same flight to Tokyo, we stuck together for the next two days as we waited for our flight to her home and my second home. When we finally got back to Tokyo we promised to hang out again soon. She has had many seeds planted in her past, so I believe it was totally the Lord that delayed my plane so we could meet.
I've recently learned that in this life there will plenty of things that don't go according to plan. But really, is there anything that ever goes the way you planned or pictured in your head? Not for me really. And that's good, because my plans aren't what's best. His plans are.
I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times and what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand and I will do all that I please. What I have said, that will I bring about; what I have planned, that will I do. Isaiah 46:9-11
So here's to all the future plane delays and other "mishaps" of my life. All for Him.

2 comments:
hi my sweet audrey. i am so glad that your time in the USA was such a beautiful time of relaxing with your family. I can only imagine all the catching up and things you wanted to share with them. We are flying home tomorrow, and your blog has made me more than excited about all the good food and fun to be had. I am so sad I just barely missed you Audge. You are really my heart, and I continue to pray for you and really, really thank Jesus for you the amazing friend i have in you!!!
I miss you again :(
Post a Comment