












So we had an ipod birthday shin dig over here at our apartment last night, we were celebrating three birthdays- Haruka, Melissa, and Amanda's.
Let me just explain what ipod karaoke is to those of you who are ipod karaoke virgins. It is by far an amazing event of fun, laughter and frankly freedom. You see, first what you do is get two people who are not afraid to show their true colors. Then they choose a song and connect to the same ipod as they sing to their song of choice at the top of their lungs. The beauty of ipod karaoke is that to the people singing it sounds like their very own personal concert, but to the victims in the audience it sounds like Japanese jr high school girls on a roller coaster in Disney Land. true story.
Oh and the birthday cake was made of krispy kreme doughnuts. Does life get any better? I assure you, it does not.
Tonight I went to house church in Sagamihara with my friend Yuriko. We had a lot of people come tonight. This house church was started by Mahito..who we have a new nick name for.. maheater. It sticks.
Actually cool story- Belman (a friend of ours from Indonesia who works here in Japan now) "randomly" ran into Tyler (a good friend of ours that works with Maheater's house church and English school) on the train. Belman sat next to Tyler and without hesitation asked him if he was American, then if he was a Christian. When Tyler said that he was a Christian, Belman said.. hmmm ok so let be sure you are on the same page "So.. you believe Jesus is Lord?" Tyler was like whoa- "This guy is checking to make sure I'm saved- awesome!" Belman now is involved with the Maheater's house church and tonight he shared the message. It was about how the Lord cares about our hearts not our deeds. He used David as an example and how the Lord said that David was a man after his own heart.
People are getting saved left and right still here ;) In the last four hours I just heard about two more Japanese becoming Christians- and many more are on the way!!

2 comments:
I need to know the EXACT day I will see your pretty face...I'm having withdrawls!
Audge, those doughnuts look amazing. I think I want to be a missionary in Japan! It looks like you guys get the best food, and I could definitely handle all that sushi! :) I love your updates and hearing about all the hearts that have becomed softened to hearing Gods voice! I miss and love you sooo much and am so sad I am missing you in the states by just a couple of weeks!!!
Post a Comment