Here is the park in Shinjuku. Koen is park in Japanese.

These pictures were taken in Shibuya where a festival going on for the coming of age holiday. When Japanese turn 20, it's a big celebration and the girls wear amazing kimonos.



There is sooo much going on here in Tokyo right now! God is just moving!
I have a friend named Yu and he has heard a lot about Christianity before but says that he has never experienced God for himself yet. I talked to him for a while, and the Lord kept bringing to mind the miracles that Jesus has done- both from the bible and stories that I have heard throughout my life. He said if something like that could happen to him, he would believe! But alas, we have to believe without sight. He emailed me today and said that he has started to read the bible while he commutes on the trains to work! So let's pray that the wall of unbelief would come down as God speaks directly to his heart.
Last summer when we went to Asi University, we became really good friends with a girl named Mina. She wasn't even a Christian but was leading all of our bible studies with her friends. When she went away to the states to study abroad, I thought I might not ever see her again. But just a few days ago, she emailed me and said she is coming back to Japan and wants to meet again. God is going to show off a lot through her.
Also, we started this new thing called "free bible study" - I am jumpin out of my boots about this one. Bryan and Trent started this idea to go to the busy train station of Shibuya and hold up signs that say free bible study. They went out the other night and shared with a ton of people about the gospel. The great thing about this is when people come up, they automatically want to hear about God. Last night Jessi and I joined them. Not only did we get to share the gospel with many many Japanese, but we had a guy named Mana get saved!! It was awesome!
Evangelism is a drug. You get a high and it's impossible to stop.
Thank you for praying for the people of Tokyo.
Blessings,
Audrey

No comments:
Post a Comment