Tuesday, January 27, 2009

his great works.

This is in Harajuku, which is the station about a 10 minute walk from my apartment.

This street in front of the station is really popular to visit while in Tokyo.

Crepes are pretty much the most popular sweet you can buy in Japan. Ewwww.. Jessi saw cucumber crepes today! Sick..


Great short video clip of Tokyo!! Check it out..
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=ONwQhGzhZ6E&NR=1

These are pictures of Asi University.



Pray for workers for this harvest!


God is doing some really awesome things lately so I just wanted to share quickly a few of them, so we can be lifting them up together!! ;)

i pretty much love it here...

1. I have a friend named Yu. I gave him a surfer's bible a few weeks ago, and he said he has started to read the bible while commuting to work on the train. Then he said he wanted to meet for a bible discussion group with his friend and I!! I am soooo excited about this!! We'll meet on Monday nights. ;)

2. Today we went to Asi University and saw our person of peace again, Moto San! She is the general manager of the university and is always introducing us to students. We come to talk to her and then as students are waiting in line or just standing in her store she'll shout out to them.. "hey how do you say such and such in English?- come here and talk to these girls"! She is so outgoing, so when she gets saved... wow!-- many will hear about it! She also now has five little cards with bible verses hanging on her desk in her convenient store! :)

3. Also, our friend Mina is coming back from America to Japan to Asi University again. She is not yet a believer, but over the summer led our bible studies. She is super cool, and I'm excited about seeing her again! (Sarah.. you know what I'm talkin about!)

4. Then tonight, Jessi and I were on the train as a girl with cute purple glasses came and plopped right next to us. Ri is a student at a Tokyo University studying the Mongolian language.. random! He He.. Earlier today I got an email from someone that was in Japanese and had a lot of Kanji (the difficult writing of Japanese) so I leaned over to ask her what it meant and next thing I knew we exchanged emails. She already emailed Jessi and I and told us that she has studied the bible before and is interested in hearing more! Coincidence that we met a girl that is interested in the bible?- hmmm i think not!!

who am i, that he would use me?

2 comments:

Sarah Michelle said...

MMMM Audrey. Beautiful. Making me a little homesick. I love you so much. And I'm planning to see you soon. Haha im thinking its not so much IF but WHEN you come to Texas. Praying for you right now my darling.

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

I wish I could come and visit you Audge...I would even eat those cucumber crepes right up! haha! I have been thinking about you so much lately as well. When I was in Pensacola, I would constantly think of our time there together just before you left for Japan. I would think about our lunch dates when you would day dream about Japan and I would dream about Africa. I was also thinking about the fun time we had with Claudia just before you left. It has just been too long Audge since I looked into your EYEBALLS and we could share our hearts! I am praying that happens again really soon. I will hug you and just never let you go. You are so special to me Audge Podge. I love you!