
July 2007
Wow! Here I am one week and four days into my adventures here in Tokyo Japan!
There is really so much to learn when coming to live in a foreign country, especially one where everything is back wards. I am learning: a little more Japanese everyday, how to get around on the subway- But mainly how I have absolutely no idea what I’m doing. The Lord has been teaching me to have complete confidence in him alone; he is making me stand on him for my service here in Tokyo.
I climbed Mt. Fugi on Wednesday night through Thursday morning…
This is the beautiful view from the top of Mt. Fugi!
All of the hard work was worth the view. But nothing beat all of the Japanese that clapped for the foreigner that made it to the top.. They said to me “Gam bat a…this means “You did it!” It actually was a miracle I made it.. Ha Ha.. Thank you Lord!
Yes..I climbed and even got to the top! Was it difficult? Oh of course it was! But the Lord had something to show me through that experience. A bit of a parallel to my life here in Tokyo so far if you will.. Here goes…
I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I began the climb. I was even frustrated that I decided to do it. I thought “Surely this is not for me, look at everyone around me they are equipped and know what they are doing and I do not!” I thought about quitting the entire way up, I even told my fellow friends on the Tokyo team with me to just leave me behind and I’ll see them on the way down. But they forced me to keep going they encouraged me and said “C’mon Audrey, you already went this far, just keep going”
We were encouraging one another and after eight hours of climbing through the middle of the night -we made it!
Our Tokyo team has seen this summer alone nearly 20 people (mainly college kids) come to Christ. You must understand that this is a huge deal!!! This has never happened before in Japan and so quickly! I met a man (he was once a missionary to Japan) at passion conference 2007 that told me to be surprised if I even saw one person come to Jesus within the entire two years I was here. Well, guess what man from Passion 07.. it happened already and TWO college girls (M-18and Y-19) not just one that my roommate Amy and I led to the Lord TONIGHT!
The people of Japan are thirsty for the living water that never runs out.
The people of Japan are desperate for Jesus; will you pray with me for their hearts to seek Jesus? Would you pray with me for the Father to draw them?
Pray for me that the Lord would continue to encourage me so that I can be his mighty warrior!
Gam ba te- Means to encourage… Praise Him!
.
There is really so much to learn when coming to live in a foreign country, especially one where everything is back wards. I am learning: a little more Japanese everyday, how to get around on the subway- But mainly how I have absolutely no idea what I’m doing. The Lord has been teaching me to have complete confidence in him alone; he is making me stand on him for my service here in Tokyo.
I climbed Mt. Fugi on Wednesday night through Thursday morning…
This is the beautiful view from the top of Mt. Fugi!
All of the hard work was worth the view. But nothing beat all of the Japanese that clapped for the foreigner that made it to the top.. They said to me “Gam bat a…this means “You did it!” It actually was a miracle I made it.. Ha Ha.. Thank you Lord!
Yes..I climbed and even got to the top! Was it difficult? Oh of course it was! But the Lord had something to show me through that experience. A bit of a parallel to my life here in Tokyo so far if you will.. Here goes…
I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I began the climb. I was even frustrated that I decided to do it. I thought “Surely this is not for me, look at everyone around me they are equipped and know what they are doing and I do not!” I thought about quitting the entire way up, I even told my fellow friends on the Tokyo team with me to just leave me behind and I’ll see them on the way down. But they forced me to keep going they encouraged me and said “C’mon Audrey, you already went this far, just keep going”
We were encouraging one another and after eight hours of climbing through the middle of the night -we made it!
Our Tokyo team has seen this summer alone nearly 20 people (mainly college kids) come to Christ. You must understand that this is a huge deal!!! This has never happened before in Japan and so quickly! I met a man (he was once a missionary to Japan) at passion conference 2007 that told me to be surprised if I even saw one person come to Jesus within the entire two years I was here. Well, guess what man from Passion 07.. it happened already and TWO college girls (M-18and Y-19) not just one that my roommate Amy and I led to the Lord TONIGHT!
The people of Japan are thirsty for the living water that never runs out.
The people of Japan are desperate for Jesus; will you pray with me for their hearts to seek Jesus? Would you pray with me for the Father to draw them?
Pray for me that the Lord would continue to encourage me so that I can be his mighty warrior!
Gam ba te- Means to encourage… Praise Him!
.

No comments:
Post a Comment