Sunday, May 31, 2009

wisdom and folly.

amy, sonya, me, jessica, birmy, and lindsey at the top of kokubunji station!!

CBU team.. awesome group!! :) They were here for 3 wks.

The first robot I saw in tokyo, she talked to us!!! ahhhhh it was weird!

i spend 30% of every day on these platforms.. or on the trains. i haven't driven a car in over two years!

oh.. the school uniforms.. so adorable- don't they know the power of cuteness they behold?

Baby in park.

Some girls in a park.

GODzilla. ready to take on Japan.. on heart at a time. he he

All of the interns are here, and vols are in and out within the next few months. We are eagerly awaiting the Lord to work through us here. Please pray that God will put people of peace in our paths, give us boldness, and open the hearts of the Japanese!!
I got my plane ticket in the mail yesterday from our traveling agency. wake up call! I am leaving in just a short 6 weeks.

I have been learning a little about wisdom- mainly what I have yet to grasp. And folly- to which I definitely have taken a clear understanding of.
Proverbs is full of great wisdom, and mark driscoll has a great way of explaining it for simpletons like me.
It is said that you can learn from someone else's folly. In that case I have probably taught the world around me a lot of wisdom. Sometimes I know the things I ought to do-think-say or what not to, yet I choose in my own lack of wisdom the opposite. I find it easy to give others good advice and yet when i am making decisions about my own life it is as though I am looking in a foggy mirror. ahhhhhhh but distractions.. I'm already ADD.. can I handle all these distractions?

straighten up little soldier.
you have 6 wks left.
stay focused.
don't ask questions just ride to where you are needed.
what's with your folly?
seek wisdom.
seek me.

yes sir.

♪with a name I've never chosen, I can make my first steps as a child of 25.♪

2 comments:

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

My sweet Audrey, we live so very far away, and are integrated into such different cultures, but I always find so many similarities between our experiences!!!
1-I also LOVE when the kids are walking to/from school in their uniforms. Cutest thing I have ever seen.
2-I also haven't driven a car in quite some time and haven't owned a car since 2007.
3-We also have our interns here. :)So, I will remember to be praying for you guys and allowing God to work through them and you.
4-non similarity-we dont have robots here. haha

CANT BELIEVE YOU ARE LEAVNG JAPAN IN 6 WEEKS!!! I am praying, praying, praying. And I love you Audrey so very, very much!!!

Jo said...

Audrey, those kids are seriously so cute in their uniforms. I just want to grab them and tell them how cute they are! I would be a bad missionary. I would keep accosting kids in uniforms and would probably get kicked out of the country.

I hope I get to see you when you come home!