Sunday, May 10, 2009

pimps for Jesus.

Sonya, yoshie and Mari. I met these girls on my snorkeling boat in Hawaii. So we decided to meet up in tokyo too! ;)

This frozen yogurt would be Christi's tyner's favorite place in the whole world! Christi it was all about hot pink and diamonds! bling bling..
yogurt sizes: (S)cute (M)sexy (L)glamourous!! -no lie

hmmmm i think i will be glam today! indeed!

support your thirsty people!! mmuuahahahhaa

This week has been the top of all my culture shocks. YEP-- even after two years I still get it. When I go through culture shock it makes me feel like I hate everything and every one--I know I know I'm a sinner, this is why I need Jesus huh?

But last night on my walk through the back quiet streets of Shibuya I started to think "hmmmm what can I thank God for right now?" So I looked up at the sky and I could see one star amongst the bright lights of tokyo thank you jesus for that one bright star. I felt the breeze blowing all around me- thank you Lord for the cool breeze. I saw on old couple walking a pomeranian- thank you Lord for that furball of a pomeranian -I KNOW that one was JUST for me ;).
Sometimes I think I get so wrapped up in the "psycho-ness" of my own life and I forget oh yes.. it's not all about me. it's about him. Thanks Jesus that it's not all about me.
This brings me to the story of Jonah. Yes, I can relate to this man who many years ago was trying to run away from the voice of God. No, I didn't camp out in the belly of a whale (sung like the newsboys), but I have over the past 2 years tried to run away from my calling to Japan. When really, I can't run away from it. Even though ministry with Japanese has been the most difficult, frustrating, and craziest thing I have ever done in my life.. it has also been the most rewarding. As we were singing hosanna tonight for our house church all I could picture was one day all the Japanese singing it with me. だからがんばります!
Tonight Jeff, an M we work with was stopped by a couple of guys doing "host work" AKA pimps at a train station. "Basketball.. you like Basketball!!-air Jordan?!!"- They asked him. Sonya and I went to go talk to them later. They were so funny and also open to talking with us. We shared with them about Jesus' love and the basic message of the gospel. When they become Christians they will be the BEST fisherman ever. We are looking for lost souls... and so are they. Japan is in definite need for some pimps for Jesus.
John 5:30 - "I seek not to please myself but him who sent me" ... Luke 19:10 - For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost.

4 comments:

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Audrey, this is one of my favorite posts you have written...so real and transparent. I totally know what you mean about the culture shock and feeling like you want to run away from your calling. Sometimes I get so frustrated with the crazy happenings of my daily life..then I remember...this was THE biggest desire of my heart. Being here. I waited and longed to put my feet on this continent and love on people here in Africa. Hasn't God given me EVERYTHING I have ever asked for?? He has. And now I want to run from what He is asking me to do?!?! But He is so good and so faithful, and draws me back to Himself so He can be the one to comfort me. I am still praying Audge...for your future plans, and for your work today in Tokyo. I love you dearly!!!!

Faye Creech said...

Praying for you, clear guidance about your decisions, clear feelings in your heart for the lost, clear direction for your day and week. The Lord has used you and will continue to do so wherever you are as long as you remember what you just reminded me of - it's all about HIM - thank you Jesus that it's about You, because of You, for You, and controlled by You! (and thanks for this reminder, dear Audrey!). Praying for you.

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

Oh All that is HOLY...check out that yogurt shop?! It's like we are long lost twins, the yogurt shop and I...I love it so much...Can I have one?!

And, I don't mean to play the devil's advocate here but, if you every REALLY want to run away from your calling and Japan...you always have a place to stay in Pace, Florida! yaya! But, I know you too well, you'll never go through with it. You love those Japanese people too much.

p.s. I pray for you and those same Japanese people EVERY single day.

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

My Audge Podge. You and me...in Africa...together! That would be the most fun time of my life. I am praying that Jesus would allow those plans to transpire!!! Audrey, lets really pray, I would so love for you to come and visit and love on babies all day with me!! And go raft the nile, and see all the animals in the wild. YES!!!!!