Sunday, September 28, 2008

share shi masu.



Recently, since the fall season has come back around I for some reason have felt the spirit of defeat. Even today as I was walking around the busy streets of Tokyo, I started thinking my old thoughts of "I don't belong here and I'll never fit in here". This season just reminds me of how hard my life was around this time last year. But I know that this year is new year. God is moving here and I have grown in Him this last year so much, so there is no reason for me to feel this way. But with all that said, these feelings are forcing me to completely trust in the Lord, for all things! And that is a good place to be.
So today was a very special day in Tokyo. Why, you ask? Well today was the day that Ri chan- my most awesome disciple and sweet sweet friend, introduced me to her closest friends. They all became friends through the restaurant that they all work at. We had a party at my apartment and made chili and corn bread. Ri chan has really been excited about sharing her faith with them, but for Japanese this can sometimes be really scary to do. Her friends know that she is a Christian, but they maybe only just today found out that Ri chan desires for them to be Christians as well.
We ate lunch, played daifugo (a Japanese card game), made some scrapbook pages, and watched a little bit of the passion conference promotional dvd. It was a great time and Ri chan's desire is that they would continue to meet with us every Sunday to study the Bible together. A few of her friends even said that they might want to come with us to the passion conference which is coming up on October 13th! Please keep in prayer my and Ri chan's friends Hi chan, Eri chan and Nao chan. Before everyone left I gave them each a Jesus Manga (comic book), which is basically the new testament with incredible Japanese anime. Pray pray that the Lord would open their hearts to receive our great message.

Thank you for praying for the people of Tokyo- who our savior is slowly but surely bringing to Him.

No comments: