



More photos including captions:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=47028252&l=80063&id=5219826
You know you've lived in Japan for a long time when you...
1. feel more comfortable introducing yourself to Japanese people than American.
2. talk to yourself in Japanese.
3. walk by a food stand that has raw fish for sale, and you say.. mmmmmm yummy!
4. actually prefer using chopsticks to a fork for eating certain food.
5. have completely replaced an English word for Japanese.
6. bow to people constantly all day long with out realizing it.
7. forget that you have blue eyes and blonde hair and look nothing like Japanese.
8. see American movies/shows where they wear shoes in the house and you cringe.
9. savor each sip of coke, because you know you're not getting a refill.
10. say maybe about 1,000 times a day. "Maybe I can't. Maybe I shouldn't. Maybe".
** Amanda and I have started to go our focus campus ministry. Pray the Lord will put in our paths people with open hearts for the gospel message. We were able to meet two girls today, which was a praise!
** On October 13th we have the passion event that we are taking a bunch of our friends to- many of whom aren't yet saved. Please pray the the Lord will use this event to help them realize that God is working among their age group. There will be tons of Japanese Christians at passion from 18-25 years old all worshiping together.
http://www.passionworldtour.com
** This weekend I am going to visit my sweet friend Akiko for a short time of relaxing on the country side of Japan- Kobe. We met back at Florida State- when she first became a Christian- and now she is on fire for the Lord! Her mom recently became a Christian, and her sister may be soon as well. I'm really looking forward to hanging out with her again!
** Also my good friend Ri San who I've been disciplling since summer visited a house church that has just started by an awesome Japanese friend Mahi San. Please pray that Ri San will quickly feel at home at this house church and that she will even desire to be a leader.
Thank you as always for your prayers for the Japanese people.
Blessings,
Audrey

1 comment:
AUDGE! I know what you mean about feeling more comfortable introducing yourself and talking to people from Japan. I do that here, I feel like Ugandans are so much easier to talk to and be yourself around for some reason? I am so excited about all the news in this post and to hear about Passion coming up so soon. I hope you have a blast Audge, I know you will. I wish I were there to sing and hold your hand and pray with you. I really miss you so much Audrey. I am writing you back a long email soon, sorry I have been MIA the last couple of weeks, we really haven't had a lot of internet access. I cant wait to MAYBE catch up, even though I am sensing that everything is going SOOO well for you my love. I miss and love you Audrey K. SOOO stinkin' much.
Post a Comment