Sunday, October 12, 2008

we share the same sky.







"Even though you're from America, and we're from Japan- we share the same sky." - Akiko's Dad, while we were all driving through Kobe watching a gorgeous sunset.


Random thoughts-
1. The more Japanese I learn, the more I realize how little I actually know.
2. I'm turning 25 on this Friday. Did you know that at the age of 25 the human brain is fully developed?
3. There is a restaurant here that has amazing taco rice, they know my name when I walk in- "Hey taco rice!"
4. I bought a set of Japanese dolls that stack into one another. a little Russia meets Tokyo.

Ok, so on to the good stuff- The God stuff if you will...
I went to the Osaka/ Kobe area this weekend for a trip to see my sweet friends liz and akiko. It is about 2.5 hours away from Tokyo on the bullet train (the train is indeed shaped like a bullet FYI).
The trip was great- I went to real live Samurai castle, a traditional Japanese garden, and I rode a giraffe. If you want to see the photos with captions check out my facebook album below.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=47028252&l=80063&id=5219826

The passion event turned out to be incredible! It was so encouraging to see Japanese Christians worshiping the Lord all together from different areas of Japan. There were also students there from Korea and the Philippines and America.
There is a blog about it on the passion website, along with some fantastic photos! Check it out!
http://268generation.com/blog/2008/10/i-tokyo/

1 comment:

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

Happy Early birthday! I'm sad we don't get to have our annual "birth month" celebrations together....but I will see you very soon and make you chocolate covered banana pops! I love you!