Thursday, September 4, 2008

letter thirteen.



More Photos:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2476925&l=b425a&id=5219826

I'm really excited about Universities starting up again! It'll be great to see what the Lord has in store for this next semester. Each semester has been unique- and I love how I'm more comfortable now with the culture, sharing my faith in a bold way, and being myself hanging out with students.
Please pray for the universities that I'll be involved with..
1. Dok
2. Asi
3. Tsu
There has been fruit at each one of these in the past and our prayer is that God would send us people who are seekers. And that God would open the student's hearts to respond to the message of the gospel. And also that these new Christians will change in such a radical way that they cannot help but share about Jesus with every one they know.

Recently I have been able to meet up with some of my good Japanese friends that I wasn't able to see a lot over the busy summer months. It's wonderful to see how God has grown in many of their hearts (whether they are Christians or not), from the questions they pose or the interest they show in studying the bible again.
I have also been able to go to an English cafe on Wednesday nights. This cafe is owned by our friend Kuni san, who is a Christian. His desire is that many would hear about the gospel through our conversations.
My two good friends that were baptized this summer are doing wonderful. I meet with Rina chan every Friday to study the bible and grow together. And Haru chan is getting involved with a church that is close to her work. They are both growing and seeking the Lord which is a huge praise!
Thank you for praying for Japan!
Please feel free to share these requests in Sunday school, with friends, your church.. etc.
Blessings to y'all!
Love,
Audrey

2 comments:

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Audge-I will definitely be praying for all the students who will be back at university and that God is softening their hearts to hear His message. I am also excited to hear that the two students who were baptized are doing so great! God is using my little Audrey in amazing ways. I miss you and pray for you everyday. I am so excited about everything that is happening in your life all the way in Tokyo! I love you!!!

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, u make me happy...when skies are grey...

how is "you know who" and I'm super excited about "you know when"! Love you