Monday, September 15, 2008

how it all began.




These are some pictures of the journeyman + alpha retreat to the mountains and lakes of Nagano. Our time together was amazing and staying up until 2:30 in the morning in an awesome cabin really allows you to get to know some interesting facts about each other!!
But actually y'all I have a huge prayer request!
When I was a brand new Christian (my freshman year in college) I met two Japanese students Ma and Ya, who I quickly became good friends with. Meeting them marked the beginning of God's calling on my life for me to serve Him by serving the Japanese- this is why this time with her means SO much to me. Throughout these seven years Ya chan and I have remained in touch through occasional emails. Ya chan recently emailed me to tell me that she will be in Chiba for a job conference- she is an orthodontist now. She asked if we could catch up and meet for lunch and hanging out!!!! I am sooo excited as I have not seen her since we were first friends. I actually am not sure if she has a full understanding of the gospel, but let's pray that after my time with her tomorrow at 4:00 that she will be not only my long lost friend but also my sister!! I know for sure her heart was open seven years ago. Please please pray that the Lord would open her heart once again to receive this beautiful gospel message.
Thank you so much for your prayers,
Audrey J.
PS: I'll let you know how it goes!!

1 comment:

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Audge! How did the lunch date go? I would love to hear! I love you with all my little heart and am always praying for my cutest friend in Japan!