Thursday, September 18, 2008

ONE day.



Thank you sooooooo much for praying for Ya chan! How cool is it that we were interceding for her on her behalf! She didn’t even know how we were all praying for her, but one day she’ll be grateful-- I Love it!

After seven years she certainly looked different than I remember her as a 20 year old- she even acted more mature (maybe more so because I still feel like the same kid at heart!)

But it was wonderful to catch up with her! I brought pictures to share with her of my family and friends. I was even able to share with her a lot of what we are doing here in Tokyo. She shared with me about what life is like as an orthodontist and how hectic things can be. It didn’t seem like she was seeking God at the moment. I asked her what she believed and she didn’t have a clear answer really- basically “no religion”.

My main purpose on Tuesday was for her to know that she meant soooo much to my life as she was my first Japanese friend. Also that God used my relationship with her to eventually bring me to Japan to share with more Japanese. (I even brought the thank you card she gave me seven years ago to prove to her how much she meant to me.)

Even through right now it seems as though she is not interested in Jesus, I will not give up hope- I believe ONE day she will become a Christian!! I gave her a Jesus Manga (Japanese comic book which is basically the New Testament) and she said she will read it. I also have plans of visiting her in her home town sometime in the next few months!

Thank you again for your prayers!

Audrey

4 comments:

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

ONE day I know she will look back and remember the things you said to her over this lunch date. You are so wonderful Audrey-just to think of bringing the card to show her how much she meant to you seven years ago. The love of Christ radiates from you, and I know that He uses you more than you even realize. I love you and am so blessed and encouraged by you.

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

You rock my socks audge podge.....I want a Jesus Manga!

Jo said...

Audge, you are such a sweet, thoughtful friend! You stand out to so many people because of your true friendship and loyalty, and I know she notices that too and wonders what it is that makes you different than others! You are just so sweet, and I miss and love you.

Anonymous said...

Audrey-i found your blog months ago from Lara's. And it was through your blog that Father began breaking me for Japan. Tears would fill my eyes as I read the things He is doing there and the ways that He is using you! He has opened up a door for me to go w/iGo next summer (this'll be my 4th summer w/iGo) on a one-week trip (prob. w/the kansas-nebraska team) so anyways, I just wanted to say thank you and keep blogging and keeping us updated on the incredible ways that He is moving in the hearts of the Japanese!