Wow, in just a few weeks I will have been in Japan for half a year! I can't believe how fast it has gone by!We have a large volunteer group in Tokyo right now for the new year season. Many Japanese celebrate the new year by going to the temples. They line up, thousands and thousands of people just to have their hearts heard. What is so sad is that their prayers fall to the ground because their gods are dead.
Japanese pay Buddhist monks to pray for their specific prayer requests or desires, I learned that the monks are very wealthy.. now I see why.
A bell is rung 108 times because they have 108 desires of the flesh that they want to not be present anymore. Soba is eaten, which are long noodles in hopes to have long life.
Though there are many lost sheep seeking a shepherd, they are finding their way each day. The Lord has done it again...
I met a new friend the other day during 5 minute English, H. chan. Her heart was so open to the gospel as she has heard it before many times. She said that for the past six years she has wanted to become a Christian but was held back for reasons unknown to her. While talking with me she decided to become a believer, just days before the new year!
She is excited about reading the bible and finding more out about what it means to fall in love with Jesus. Her testimony is very powerful so please pray that the Lord would grow her into a strong Christian woman for the salvation of Japan.
I am so amazed at the opportunities the Lord has given us during this time. He is moving here in ways that have never been seen before. I trust and believe the Lord will continue to do so!
I am so happy to be serving the Japanese people!
Photos:

2 comments:
praise jesus for your willingness to be used by him! hope u had a wonderful xmas doll! happy 2008 ;) much love, jena
Happy New Year, Audrey!! I try and read your blog to keep up with you (knowing that to be impossible!) and I am so glad to see that the year is beginning with blessings!
When I look at the college kids in church on sunday mornings I can't help but think of the ones that have gone on to serve in other areas and this past Sunday I thought about YOU and your incredible warmth and smile. love and miss you, cathi lundgren
Post a Comment