Wednesday, January 23, 2008

thanks you beautiful people.

It snowed yesterday!
Must tells..
I was in Starbucks one time and this crazy lady from Norway was sitting next to me and my friend while we were studying the bible. She kept interrupting us in the most annoying voice ever.. "Excuse me, do you even know what you are talking about?.. before you start teaching the bible you should know something about it" I simply just smiled during all four of her explanations of crazy theories on Christianity, each one beginning with the ever so famous "Excuse me...do you even know.."
So the other day I was walking to Shibuya station and this gentleman was trying to run to the other side of the crosswalk at lightning bolt speed.. well I apparently got in his way. I ruined his day, which was made obvious by his growling at me. hmmmm.
I was on a train a few weeks ago and it was quite crowded as they always are. Well as the train turned, I lost my balance and stepped on a man's foot. He looked up at me with the look of excruciating pain and stomping his foot up and down. I said "gomennasai, sumimasen" (sorry, excuse me) about five times, while of the other Japanese were laughing at me!
It was a normal day in Kokobunji station and I was walking through the ticket wicket in order to get through to the train. Well right in front of me was a gentleman who used a ticket instead instead of a card, and right as he was about to receive his ticket back from the machine I swiped my card and the machine sucked up his ticket. He looked right up at me with these big bug eyes and basically said "I'm gonna kill you"-words were not necessary. I said my most popular phrase here "gomennasai, sumimasen" seven times. He continued to just stare up at me like "what am I going to do?!" Then of course I felt obligated to go with him to the ticket office while he explained what happened. I, of course, just standing in the back looking like a felon as they periodically peaked their heads around to laugh at the crazy American.
There is a doughnut place here called Mr. Doughnut. It is really good and has great coke, 5 bonus points in my heart. Anyway, if you order anything to go, they put it in a bag with a sticker on it that reads "thanks you beautiful people" Classic.

2 comments:

Melissa and Drew Patton said...

Aww, Audrey. We're praying for you sis, and don't worry we know how clumsy you really are ; )

~drew

Melissa said...

hey, my friend!! those are some great stories!! i love them and i love you!! praying for you always!!

melissa