Monday, August 18, 2008

hero.





I was reading 2 Corinthians 2:5-11. Paul was explain to the church of Corinth on how to forgive. As I was reading this, the Lord began to reveal to me that this is in fact how he forgives us.
He knows how we are hard on ourselves and also how others may be hard on us as well.
So he says he comes to us with forgiveness and comfort so that we will not be overwhelmed by excessive sorrow.
Then he says that he reaffirms his love for us.
The Lord is asking us to forgive others in this same way.
Paul says in vs. 9-11
The reason I wrote you was to see if you would stand the test and be obedient and everything. If you forgive anyone, I also forgive him. And what I have forgiven- if there was anything to forgive- I have forgiven in the sight of Christ for your sake, in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes.
Then again the Lord speaks of forgiveness in Isaiah 40:1-2
Comfort, comfort my people, says your God. Speak tenderly and proclaim to her that her hard service has been completed that her sin has been paid for, that she has received from the Lord's hand double for all her sins.
Wow.. double for all our sins. This says to me- he is more than enough.
What a heroic story we have to share with the Japanese about a God that came to us in all humility to rescue the lost ones.
It's the kindness of the Lord that leads us to repentance.
Only 1 in 200 Japanese know Jesus as their hero, but man oh man.. that is soooo changing ;)
We are so thankful for your prayers here in Japan. Right now as universities are not in session, we are mainly meeting with friends and new disciples.
Please pray about coming to Japan and volunteering here for the Christmas season coming up!!
Ma ta ne ;)
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2476925&l=b425a&id=5219826

3 comments:

jarod j said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jarod j said...

From the bottom photo, I'll have the one in pink please!

Audge said...

ha ha ha x a million!! hilarious! Like you're ordering from a menu!