Saturday, March 1, 2008

road trip.


I got in the passenger seat, knowing that I had no idea where we were going. I asked if I could drive a few times, but I was told I couldn't because I didn't know the way.
"It's going to be a surprise, trust me, you will love it!"
"No, I don't want any surprises, can you just tell me where we are going?"
"I want you to just sit back and relax, and enjoy being with me..let's listen to some music, roll the windows down, soak up the sunshine and just chill together. I just love being with you."
"How about you let me drive and then we'll chill?"
"You don't know how to get there, I do. That is why I'm driving."
"But I think I know a short cut."
"You know a short cut to an unknown destination?"
"Ok, you got me, but I don't see why I can't drive, just for a little while. You can even tell me how to get there, be the navigator"
He pulled the car over. And we sat on the side of the road for a while. I could tell I hurt his feelings, in fact I crushed him. He didn't have to say anything, in his eyes I could see that I hurt him worse than ever before.
"I'm sorry, what do you want to listen to?"
"Jack Johnson"
"Me too"
"Ok, let's go. Hey Audrey?"
"Yes?"
"I love you"
"I love you too Jesus"

2 comments:

Roberts Family said...

Aww that's so sweet!

Jamie Pruitt said...

I always knew Jesus was a Jack Johnson fan! :)