Lindsey, theo and I at chipotle.. mmm yummy!

Linds and I at some random mexican restaurant that I can't remember the name too!

Little Theo and I..He is quite fond of Aunt Audrey.

if I could be the world's best something.. it would be the world's best simplifier. Let me explain.
You see, this world loves to complicate things. For example: I bought a printer just the other day. The directions that came with it were ridiculous! Just plug the thing in and install the CD and you're good to go. That's what I would have written for the directions.
Then there are other things in life like classes. Just give it to me like it is... what am I going to have to do to get at least a B in this class? No I don't have time for the extra readings, and yes if you're a cool teacher I may actually and hope to take something from this class.
what would you be the world's best at?
On to other things.
I have been in America for 5 weeks now. five weeks filled with all kinds of mixed emotions. Being an adult is not as easy as it looked from the back seat as a kid. I started my 2 year term in Japan right after I finished at FSU, so when I came back last month I felt like a college kid right out of school. whoa! Scary. I had to buy a car, get insurance of all kinds, get a cell phone..and get a clue about what my next phase in life is going to look like.
Currently in Texas at Southwestern Baptist theological Seminary studying missiology..aka missions.
I've tried leaving four times already, once in the middle of the night I came really close to doing an FBI style pack up the car and get the heck out of dodge. But later I thought, I'm not running from this school. I'm running from where the Lord has me right now. I had a card taped on my map of the world given to me right before I left for Japan, it said "bloom where you're planted". So here I am, in school again- never thought I'd have to write another paper or take another quiz again in my life, ugh!
But my prayer before I came here is that I could continue my ministry with Japanese students, and that's exactly what I intend to do. There are several universities around here, so it shouldn't be too hard of a task to find them. I also want to get plugged into a home church here and serve with the youth.
So yes, alas.. my heart for Japan remains. So the blog title will stay as is. But in the meantime I am given a heart for the people around me and I'm here to serve, not to be served. I want to be the one to reach out, not to be reached out to. I want to learn what it is that the Lord needs to show me here in this time and in this particular place. And I want to remain open to the Lord, and whatever it is that he may have in store for my future.
I'm realizing that these last few years my life have become so unrecognizable. As if I am looking from the outside in. But I am living this life, and it's not for my sake.. but all for God. And so while I may be tempted to take charge of it...whether that be by packing up in the middle of the night or saying no to something that God may be saying yes to..I must just say Lord may your will be done, NOT mine.
To my friends in Tokyo:
I miss you and I am praying for you.
To Yuka:
I am so happy that you're my sister now, congratulations on your baptism!! ;)- wish I could have been there!

2 comments:
Gambatte!!! praying for you audrey!! thanks for posting! miss you! all that stuff like getting insurance and everything sounded scary...but now you're moving forward and i can't wait to see how you bloom! hehe! :D
Audge, I can not wait to see how you will bloom either! I can't help but laugh out loud at your desire to FBI style move in the middle of the night! ha! You are so funny..what a whirlwind of change for you my sweet friend, but I know God has so many wonderful plans for you there in TX! I can't wait to come and visit you once Ruco and I come back to the states!
ps-I just saw your friends "The Berry's" also live in Uganda like me! How did you meet them?
Post a Comment