
the first night I met kohei I asked Jesus if we could be neighbors in heaven, Yes.. he's just that awesome. This is us in front of Donkihote--a huge store in my backyard.

Sarah.. I'm happy you came back this summer. We didn't get our asia univ chicken with that sweet sweet sauce though.. dang it!!

My hula teacher and I. I'm pretty sure, hands down I was her worst student ever. But, she and I came to an understanding.. I'm not good at hula, so have mercy.

Yoshimi and Natsuki..you girls were such an encouragement to me. love you my sisters in Jesus. Always.

Hitomi, you are precious to me, and to Him. love you. K- dawg.. I'll see you on the flip side.. Texas!!

Yuriko.. you are my first Japanese friend I made here ;) You are unforgettable and I hold you in the most special place in my heart. I wish nothing but love for your life, in Him.

akiko san, my gym coach! I am sorry I will probably always be giri giri.. ;)

a tissue wasn't enough anymore, Kuni handed me a towel.. pahahaha!

Yuri.... ohhhhh my sweet friend. ;)

My Japanese mama! I will miss our wonderful talks.

Haruka.. do you even know that I could never forget you. May you keep running hard after Jesus ;) Love you my sister!

Adam shimasu.. let me watch the bachelorette in peace.. no preaching. Right, Leon?

Love you girls..

Yoshiko, my precious sister.. stay strong in the Lord. You are incredible!

Yuta.. I am so much stronger than you.. no competition

Mayuko... take that 1,00- yen.. pahahahahaha!

beautiful ladies .. I will miss you all soooo much. ;)

Kuni, my Japanese brother. Makes a mean chicken!

My family. I love y'all

Ang li.. you own asia!!

Yuka, my sweet friend who knows so much about the bible!

Rene and Jo, when you read the very hungry caterpillar..think of me ;)

Takahito!!

The picture that marks my beginning here. ;)

ok. don't panic, but I ate shellfish tonight. For those of you who don't know I'm allergic. And for my whole two years here I was so careful not to eat it. and it would SO be on the last night here that I would be a complete dody head and eat it. i was just so hungry that I started filling my plate. It was in some pasta salad that Miyoko san made at my sayonara party. As soon as I found out it was shellfish I just KNEW that in T -3 hours I was going to be throwing it up-around 8 times on average.. ewwww sick I know. Anyway, God loves me and I'm totally his favorite kid because I didn't get sick and I didn't die- although I thought I might have.
it's almost 6 am Tokyo time and i haven't gone to sleep yet, on purpose as to not have jet lag when I get back home- yea right, i'll still have it probably.
I cannot believe the end of my time as a journeygirl is done. I leave in just 9 hours on a plane back home.
Everyone keeps asking how do I feel about leaving. I just keep saying "I don't know that I am yet"
It's as if time is way ahead of me and I'm no where near being caught up.
I'm not sure when it will hit me, "oh. I'm not in Tokyo anymore" perhaps when I'm sitting in chickfila- Praise the Lord.
I definitely feel that I have had good closure in these last few weeks. I have said almost all of my goodbyes with the exception of a few more this morning before I'll go to the airport.
I wouldn't have traded these last two years for anything. I know i was exactly where the Lord wanted me and in the exact circumstances he needed me to be in for him to teach me a few things.
The Japanese will forever remain special to my heart. I am looking forward to being able to continue my ministry with them in the US. But I still have high hopes that Lord will call me back here again one day.
Like most kids in their 20's, I have not a CLUE what it is that I am to do with this life.
I'm glad that I decided to go to seminary. I feel it will be a good place to transition back into and I'm praying the Lord will show me a little more of his plan for me there.
He has guided me ever so carefully up until this point and I have no reason to doubt that He'll continue to do so. Why? Because he's just that good!
Thank you Lord for all my friends here. Thank you for fuji san. Thank you for cherry blossoms, the beautiful language, mo mo paradise, the onsen, my house church family, my laughs with friends, the bowing, the adorable Japanese babies, the few faithful juicer bars that still remain, the times I could share your name with people for the first time, the times I saw friends come to know you and for the ones who are close, for giving me a heart for this nation even before I landed, but mostly I thank you Lord for walking with me through all of this. I am so in Love with you.
Audrey Johnson- ex baptist nun ;)

7 comments:
Audge, it's really surreal to see your time in Japan end. Actually it's more surreal seeing you leave than it was when we left! I guess in my mind, you belong there!!! At Tsuda University eating Oreos and complaining about Japanese Coke :) BUT I'm so excited to see you on this side of the ocean soon. Having seen firsthand many amazing things that God did through you and in you, I'm sad to see you leave, but excited about what will come for you in Texas! I consider myself very lucky to have worked with you and to have been your friend! I love you! Get your butt to Texas!!!!!!!
Wow Audge, I can't believe you are leaving Japan. It has been amazing for me to follow your journey through your blog, and see the way God has used you to bring others close to Him. I know the time was also a growing period for you, and I can't wait until we are finally face to face to share all the things you experienced!!! God is so amazing, and was so faithful in calling you to Japan, and making the last 2 years such an amazing time for you!! I am so thankful for that.
I love you sweet Audge. You are so precious to me.
Have I metioned I can't wait until we finally get to be together again?!? I can't!!!
I totally took that picture and remember those boys coming over!
Awesome! Way to finish strong! I hope that all goes well with seminary as the next phase of your life starts! Peace!
Audrey, you have made us laugh and cry and praise God with His wonders while you were there. Our prayers are doubled now, for they will go with you to Seminary and also go out to the many Japanese you have given us a heart for! Thank you! Hope to keep in touch on fb -
Faye
Now I need a post of how WONDERFUL it is to be back, with your favorite Pace, Floridian...
I mean, do our beach trips and Chick-fil-a lunches mean nothing to you?
Remember that one night we sat in your room talking about music and life while you UNpacked? ...I miss that. I'm SO excited about seeing you here though, so we can get some of that Chick-fil-a you've been craving for 2years! haha! Love you, friend. See you soon!
Post a Comment