Wednesday, July 1, 2009

he will set you apart.

My mayukoooooo! and kimiko, ash, and myself. Everyone out at the river! :)

so we meet again fuji san. Except it's two years later.. and I am not dumb enough to climb you again! mmuahahahaha. Pretty from far away only.. trust me! ;)

Katrina and I at the intern retreat! Fun times! やまなかこです。- Lake in the middle of the mountain.

The cabins we stayed in. Adam and ash at the swings and Avery and I way in the background. Yes Avery, I had fun with you ;)

We were doing some distribution around some small neighborhood areas. This was a sweet old man that was sitting outside of his business. :)

We met this lady while doing some prayer walking at a temple. She had a dog that was older than moses! But I knew right away she was from Osaka- because she was hilarious! All of the talented comedians come from Osaka, Japan. :) We got to share with her a lot too ;)


no no no.. it's not supposed to go by this fast.

Oh but it is. My last two weeks here in Japan?? Really? Has it already come to this? I once heard that for people back home in the states these two years I'm gone would feel long, but that for me it would fly. And ohhhh how it has!

I feel like an entirely different person yet somehow in so many ways just the same. unexplainable I suppose.

I will dearly miss my friends here. Friends that I have cried with, laughed with, told my crazy secrets to. I lived here. This wasn't just a trip. I ate things that I never thought were edible, I have learned words that have now become apart of my everyday normal conversations and mostly I have fallen in love with a people group that the Lord created. A people group that he is calling.
I feel like so much of my ministry has been scattered.. a little here a little there. But looking back I KNOW that what the Lord called me here for was just to love them and to seek him more.
I met with a friend the other day whom I've known for nearly my full two years here. She is so awesome and unique, I'll never forget her or the times we almost peed our pants together while laughing about the dumbest things!! But when we met for lunch this week, I saw a different side of her. She began to cry in front of me and shared that she would miss me sooo much... as did I. She even began to ask me questions about what if she became a Christian!! whoa! Really, after two years God opened her heart? Amazing! She was sad that it just now happened, but I said maybe my part in her life was just to get her to the gate, now someone else will walk her through and teach how to walk in His love and grace. She will believe any day now, I just know it!

oh japan
you run in circles
your hearts are heavy. I know. I have seen them.
your eyes are empty. I know. I have seen them too.
But his love seeks and desires you
he will set you apart,
for he is your God.
oh japan

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Hey Audge,
Wow just one week left! I can't believe it has already come. I am excited to see what God has in store for you and how that relates to the Japanese. Thanks for sharing your heart and allowing me to partake on a small part of the journey with you while I was there.
Love you
debbie

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

I'm still praying daily for your friend!

I CANNOT wait till you come back, so very soon an see how fat I am now! You're gonna die!

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Audge Podge! update! What day will you be back in the states? I hope I get to talk to you on the cellular once you get there! I love you so much!!