Pictures from Thailand:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2455950&l=8add6&id=5219826
I really enjoyed my time in Thailand. It was wonderful to see a part of the world so different than where I am now. But also while I was there...
...the Lord really taught me a lot about myself and Him as well. I have realized more and more just how little my faith is. Oh how I wish I had big faith.
I feel like this calling to the Japanese has been scaring me lately. In fact I have even tried running away from it, as though it's not really my life calling past May of 09. I have used excuses such as not having the language down enough, and "I can serve any people group in the world- I love em all".
But God specifically called me to the Japanese people, and I can't fake myself out anymore. The Lord told me on my last night of being in Thailand that my future definitely includes the Japanese. He called me out on my lame excuses and told me to stop looking to things or people that may have nothing at all to do with what MY task is. So what does this mean?
Maybe it means that really the only thing that I am absolutely sure of in my life is the fact that this is my task.
I have this horrible habit of living for tomorrow, you know what I mean. I am constantly wondering what is the next step of my life and while I do that I am completely missing the fact that I'm on this step. I know that HE is so good and that my future will be better than all of the millions of plans I can think of. And deep down the things that I ask Him for I know I'm not ready for yet. So here is to waiting on the Lord...
I will wait.
When I am tired You bring me comfort
(I will wait; I will wait for You)
When I am weak You give me strength
(I will wait; I will wait for You)
When I can’t walk You give me wings like an eagle
(I will wait; I will wait for You)
When I’m alone You bring me peace
(I will wait)
I will wait for Your mercy
I will wait for Your plan to unfold
I will wait for Your mercies are new every morning
When I am wounded You heal my broken bones
(I will wait; I will wait for You)
And when I sing You fill my heart with joy
(I will wait; I will wait for You)
And when I fear the unknown You give me peace
(I will wait; I will wait for You)
And when I call, You always answer me
(I will wait)
We wait for You like watchmen wait for morning
We wait for You like creation waits for spring
We wait for You knowing sometimes without warning
You reveal Your plan in ways that maybe we don’t understand
Aaron Shust
(I will wait; I will wait for You)
When I am weak You give me strength
(I will wait; I will wait for You)
When I can’t walk You give me wings like an eagle
(I will wait; I will wait for You)
When I’m alone You bring me peace
(I will wait)
I will wait for Your mercy
I will wait for Your plan to unfold
I will wait for Your mercies are new every morning
When I am wounded You heal my broken bones
(I will wait; I will wait for You)
And when I sing You fill my heart with joy
(I will wait; I will wait for You)
And when I fear the unknown You give me peace
(I will wait; I will wait for You)
And when I call, You always answer me
(I will wait)
We wait for You like watchmen wait for morning
We wait for You like creation waits for spring
We wait for You knowing sometimes without warning
You reveal Your plan in ways that maybe we don’t understand
Aaron Shust

3 comments:
it's good to read an update from my audrey!! i'm so glad that God is working in your life and you are being sensitive to His leading. praying for you always!!
~melissa~
My Audge, I love this. I know what you mean...I wish I had big faith too, and didnt get scared ever of mine and Rucos calling..but it is totally scary and overwhelming sometimes. But I know he will provide for us, and I know he will provide for all of your needs my little Audge. I love you just so much, and desperately want to talk with you soon. You are in my heart and thoughts and prayers.
Hey Audge! Thanks for the song dedication...it made me think of when I was in middle school and there was a local radio show that used to do "Lovelines" on tuesday nights and all the middle school boys would call in and dedicate a song to their little middle school girlfriends...so we all sat around staring at the radio waiting for little johnny to call in our name, followed me a slow ballad.......never happened for me (I never picked good boyfriends) but now.......thanks johnny!
haha, love you!
Post a Comment