



It is hanabi season here and Japan and that means, Yes- Fireworks galore! Hanabi literally means fire flower, which to me makes more sense than fire works.
Our team is about to have a high school team of 200 come and minister in parks and on the streets. It is going to be mad crazy, but God will surely be glorified during all of this.
I have met with Ri chan now for three bible studies since she has become a Christian. She is growing so much and wants for her friends and family to also know Christ. This is my friend that became a Christian in mid June. The first time we studied about how to know for sure you are a Christian, the second was about reading the bible everyday, and our latest one was about how to pray. She reminds me of how it felt when I first fell in love with Jesus, sigh.. how romantic!
Our team has so far seen 40 Japanese become Christians this summer. But our main battle will be to actually help them to mature, some fall away just as Jesus talks about in Luke 8. Please pray that they would ALL truly desire to grow in Christ to be strong followers of him.
The summer is slowly coming to an end, only a few weeks left and all of the interns including PJ will be going home. I can hardly believe it has gone by as fast as it did.
This week has actually been a week full of trials for our team here. We have been kicked out of stations while doing a ministry called five minute English, one of our volunteers was taken into custody by the police after being wrongly accused for stealing something (they let him go after three hours), and we even had an intern in the hospital for dehydration from a virus. Many of us are spiritually being attacked as the enemy whispers lies to us about how useless we are here in a nation that doesn't even belong to him. I personally have been spiritually exhausted and have been attacked by satan probably more in this last week than ever before here. Pray for us as we face this battle together here in Japan.
Thank you for praying for us here!
PS: please pray for Mi san and her family, they are precious and I truly desire for them to know Jesus as their savior!! PJ and I ate dinner in their home tonight and had a wonderful time. Her aunt is a Christian!
Recent Photos:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2448144&l=4940a&id=5219826
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2468870&l=6dff6&id=5219826

1 comment:
I love you, and need to see your face =)
Post a Comment