Monday, May 26, 2008

pj is here shimasu.




Hello everyone!
Well PJ (aka.. shrimpy or poochie) and all of the interns are here! It is so great to have my little sister here for the whole summer and I have already in just a few short days seen the Lord use her testimony in powerful ways.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2419858&l=69151&id=5219826
I am just so excited about this summer! I can see how the Lord is answering prayers and I know that we will see many, many salvations this summer! So thank you for your prayers and definitely keep them coming!
As I mentioned in my last blog we are beginning to see things here that I truly have never seen before! Yesterday I was shopping and was frustrated that I couldn't figure out which laundry detergent was just the regular kind- you know for colors and all (they didn't have the stuff I normally buy). Well after about six minutes of pretending how to read kanji, I asked a lady standing next to me for help. So she picked out the right stuff for me and then we began a conversation about how she used to live in America. I have given my email out to soooo many Japanese, but rarely get an email back. But this time I remembered to pray that she would email me, and she did! I was surprised, but really I shouldn't be because like I said things are changing around here.
No longer will this nation be stuck in dead rituals that mean nothing to them. The Lord of Lords is coming to rescue them from their trap of confusion. In a nation that has 100 suicides each day, I would say they certainly need the hope of Jesus. The Japanese are very precious to the Lord and so here he comes like a prince after a lovely princess who has been waiting in her watch tower... waiting to be captured by someone who actually cares about who they are. Buddah can do nothing for them- without ears, eyes, or feet what could he do for them? "Buddah" requires their money, Jesus just wants their hearts.
So the Lord has been just revealing himself to me. He keeps giving me reason after reason to trust him. So my new revelation about trust: Is it easy? No. Is it something I will have to choose to do each day? Yes! "Lord, I will trust you, because you deserve to be trusted." So faithful, so beautiful.. such an amazing friend and Love you are to me. Yes, I will trust you, because you deserve my trust.

2 comments:

Faye Creech said...

What a blessing and honor to be praying for you and your sister and all the "visitors" there! I know this sounds weird, but I think I know "Debbie" in one of the pictures. Ask her if she went to Wake Crossroads and worked with Bob Bangs at CFA in Wake Forest. If not, she has a twin! If so, tell her we visited Dr. Lanier's SS class then joined Dr. Jones' and have known Bob & Shannon for 12 years (pre-Pakistan!).
Praying that you are healthy, doing well, and enjoying your sister very much. Also praying for the Lord to keep moving in wonderous ways throughout the whole summer and into the fall and winter, using everyone to start a great work for HIM! Take care, rely on His love and friendship and know that we pray often for all of you.
-Faye

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

hahah, you and PJ are a TRIP! I know you will have so much fun with her there!