Tuesday, May 6, 2008

letter nine.




May 4, 2008 marks my one year!
As the Lord continues to teach me the huge lesson of trust, he is teaching me other things as well. But before I dive into those I will touch again on trust.
Everyone has this one thing that they cannot trust the Lord with. And the enemy uses this same thing over and ever again to tell us that the Lord cares nothing for it, and if we don't worry about it than no one else will. Satan even tells us that we must constantly remind God about this in order for him to hear us on this issue, as if only our constant worry will be what takes care of whatever the lack of trust may be about. But the Lord tells us to cast our cares on him. He says that it is in fact his delight to care for this issue on our behalf. He tells us that he straps this issue to his forehead.
I don't know about you, but if I ever had something strapped to my forehead I would certainly never forget about it. I also wouldn't need someone to constantly remind me that I have something strapped there. He cares for this issue of ours, way more than we care about it. Because he cares for us way more than we could.
The closer I am to him the easier it will be for me to trust him, so I continue to walk by him.
This story Yancey shared describes my service for the Lord, especially as I have been here in Tokyo.
There was a man who installed stone steps in his backyard with great effort. Each of the stones was as heavy as the man himself. His five-year-old daughter begged to help. He suggested that she sing to him instead but she wanted to help. Carefully, he let her place her little hands on the heavy stones as he moved them into place. He could have accomplished more in less time without her “help,” but his greatest joy came when she announced to her mother, “Me and Daddy made steps!”
Thank you for praying for the Japanese.
Over the past few weeks we have seen a few salvations. Pray that these new believers would have the desire to be discipled.
With over 400 vols here this summer, let's expect that the Lord is about to do huge things here in this city. He is the God of this city!!

3 comments:

Paul Weiblen said...

Good stuff Audrey! I'm glad things are taking off there. 400 volunteers.. Wow!! Happy one year!

Paul

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy, when skies are grey.....you never know dear, how much I love you...please don't take my sunshine away.

bhromero said...

Hey audrey,

Wow, how exciting it is that you are doing what you do. Serving the people of Japan is what we know you need to be doing. I am not sure if GOd will ever let you leave Japan. I remember a little over a year ago that you had some reservations, but I can tell that God has used you and will continue to use you in a mighty way. We are praying for you and hopefully one day we can have lunch.
The Romero's
Brent, Hannah, and Nathan