Saturday, May 17, 2008

orange life vests.



Recently the Lord gave me a vision on my heart for the people of Japan. I was listening to the new passion song God of this city, and at the end of the song I imagined this...
A huge disaster had just taken place, maybe a ship wreck, I'm not sure exactly. But in an ocean I saw thousands of Japanese people who all had orange life vests on- the emergency rescue kind. They all looked exhausted but at the same time they were relieved and so grateful to have been rescued. They were given a second chance at life.
I prayed that the Lord would give me a scripture to go along with this amazing heart vision of rescued Japanese and this is what He gave me.
Isaiah 62:12
They will be called the Holy People,
the Redeemed of the LORD;
and you will be called Sought After,
the City No Longer Deserted.
Isaiah 63:1
God's Day of Vengeance and Redemption
1 Who is this coming from Edom,
from Bozrah, with his garments stained crimson?
Who is this, robed in splendor,
striding forward in the greatness of his strength?
"It is I, speaking in righteousness,
mighty to save."
The Lord will save Japan. He has an amazing plan to call these people who have forgotten their creator. He longs for them to know Him.
Some of the summer interns and volunteers have arrived and God is already answering our prayers. I am already starting to see things happen like never before...
  • Japanese people are initiating conversations with us.
  • Students are emailing us to study the bible.
  • Japanese are stepping out of their comfort zones.
  • They are showing a hunger for Christ and his Love.
It is just wonderful! And I can't wait to see what else God is going to do to call his Japanese sons and daughters to himself.
Psalm 78 : 6-7
So the next generation would know them, even the children yet to be born, and they in turn would tell their children. Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands.

3 comments:

Faye Creech said...

What a wonderful vision! Let us know how to pray for you and the steady stream of volunteers - In our thoughts and prayers -
Derwin, Faye & Family

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Wow Audge, I am always in awe of your heart. I am so glad that your vision to see people come to know Jesus is taking place. I am thankful that He has brought people to Japan to share in this vision alongside you. I am grateful that He is always faithful and always provides for our needs and the desires of our hearts. I am thankful for our friendship. Ruco and I are always praying for you, and i always love hearing from you. Please write again soon. I love you Audge!!!!

Bro. Rich said...

Audrey,
This is so powerful....I could see it! I also saw Audrey in the middle of those who had been rescued, encouraging them, discipling them, helping to bring them relief. They were looking to her....with great hope in their eyes.
Bro. Rich Kincl