


There are days that I love Japan, and there are days that I wish I was just back home and things could be a whole lot easier.
Yesterday was one of those... I was walking down the street in Shibuya and I said Ok Lord, that's it... I need to just go home where I can find jeans in my American size and I can get my hair done with the lady understanding what I actually want done. I kinda felt like my heart was throwing the towel in. I guess I was wearing my thoughts for all to see because right then a homeless man walked by me and patted me on the back and said "gambare", which means "You can do it!"
Immediately a smile was brought to my face , because it was as though the Lord right in that moment was like C'mon Audrey, quit acting like a crazy lady".
Sometimes I look around on the trains or around on the streets in the crowds of people and pick out individual Japanese. I look at them and imagine what kind of person they would be if they were American. It seems kind of a strange thing to do, and yet for some reason it helps me to understand more about them.
But you know, the longer I am here, the more I realize that Japanese are not much different than me. In fact I see that all cultures really are more alike than we tend to notice.
We all:
desire to be loved
cry
love to eat
laugh
spend time with family
get confused about the opposite sex
have the blues on the cold and rainy days
And it's no wonder we are all so alike, we were made in his image.
The Pictures:
1. Jack Johnson concert. Mel, Yuri and I.
2. An awesome volunteer team from Alabama!
3. My first baseball game in Japan! Giants Vs. Swallows. Giants creamed us =(
More Pictures:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2409716&l=3592a&id=5219826
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKK0uxOWxFQ
This is a video of Yuka and my trip to South Korea! Thanks Ryan Scarborough!!!!
Video of Mel and I at jack johnson.. we dedicate this to our current love lives.
"I'm a Baptist nun. I can't know love and love can't know me"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfplF2VTCqQ

2 comments:
Oh wow, that homeless guy story is soooo God. You know, soooo just at the right time, soooo exactly what we need when we need it. I love you, you CAN do it. I envy the difference you are clearly making and sometimes wish I could be doing the same (the grass is always greener huh?) I love love love you.
p.s. Oh I got your juicy email and I want to write you a long one back so I am waiting until I have time to do that.....oh but it IS coming my love!
audrey, you are so right. i am learning so much as well of how much we are all the same. the girls here laugh all the time about my junk in the trunk, and love to sing funny songs about ruco and I...they really arent so different from my girlfriends at home. haha! we all have the same desires and needs, and how awesome that God has called you to help meet those needs! I am praying for you all the time. write to me again soon my love, I want to hear all about everything! I miss you my audge podge!!!
Post a Comment