


I am coming up on a year into my two years in Japan. That means everything I experience: seasons, days, months will be my last before I go home. So starting in may.. that will be my last may. At least for a while anyway.
I know I am called to share the good news with Japanese. It is the only thing that has brought me true joy and makes me feel I have purpose.
I have seen how the Lord has brought my life to get to this point exactly, from people he put in my path to states that I've lived in. Everything has led to me finding what it is that I was made to do. And while I feel so absolutely sure about this specific calling, it seems I can only see just a glimpse of what this life that Christ is living through me is going to be all about.
I saw an article yesterday about the oldest living lady, 115 years old! So, of course everyone always asks.. what is your secret? (as if they really want to live till 115 yrs old, right..) Her grandson said he has no idea why she has lived this long but that she wasn't a worrier so maybe that could be a part of it. And while I don't want to live until I'm that old, I saw some truth in that statement. I really have a desire to live with a peaceful heart. I desire to have a heart that is ultimately pleasing to my father. Like David, I have been asking the Lord to search my heart to reveal to me what it is that is causing me to place my trust in anything other than him.
Isn't it wonderful to know that he knows our hearts better than us! He can give us wisdom beyond wisdom, because only he knows what is truly the best for us.
"Walking like a one man army, fighting with the shadows in your head." john mayer

5 comments:
Audge, you have been in Japan for almost a whole year?! Wow, time really flies. But selfishly, it makes me happy b/c that means that it's only one more year before we all get to have you back home! Love you girl, and I love reading your blogs!
You're right, he knows our hearts even better than we do....and somehow he loves us just the same......amazing...
I enjoy your posts and your introspection! :) I also enjoy seeing what God is teaching you and how you applying it.
Jess
First I have to say that I really can't believe that you have been there almost a year now. Second, you are amazing and I am so glad that you are able to do what you love to do in Japan. Even though I really really stink at keeping up with people, I am still praying for you and the rest of the group. I miss you guys and hope that everything is going well. I will talk to you later.
Everyone keeps saying that they can't believe you've been in Japan for almost a year now and frankly I CAN! In fact, it seems like you've been there three......I just miss you.
Post a Comment