
Sushi at 6 am! Doesn't that sound yummy?
Yoshimi, one of my Japanese Christian friends, told me all about the deal and said that it's a must go!
I felt like a little kid going on a field trip as I was throwing my clothes on this morning at 4 am to go and meet Yoshimi at Shibuya. It was still dark outside and all of Tokyo was asleep, except the party people from the night before. We took a few trains to this area that is known for it's fresh fish- right out of the water.
We walked around in the area in search of this particular restaurant that Yoshimi specifically wanted to go to. There were trucks and men unloading the fish with little boots on everywhere.
We found the restaurant and waited in line for about 15 minutes as an intense Japanese lady lined us all up and called people in as seats opened up. So it was our turn, we hopped right in our little bar stools and got stared at pretty blatently since I was the only gaijin (forgeigner). "A gaijin eating sushi, this ought to be entertaining"
We ate all of our sushi, except two pieces.. sushi fills you up!
The sushi was good, the experience was fun, and I'm glad that I did this for sure!
Omedeto gozaimas Yoshimi! She got engaged last night!

No comments:
Post a Comment