Wednesday, February 6, 2008

believing a truth they can't see.


If our Message is obscure to anyone, it's not because we're holding back in any way. No, it's because these other people are looking or going the wrong way and refuse to give it serious attention. All they have eyes for is the fashionable god of darkness. They think he can give them what they want, and that they won't have to bother believing a Truth they can't see. They're stone-blind to the dayspring brightness of the Message that shines with Christ, who gives us the best picture of God we'll ever get. 2 Corinthians 4: 3-4
Seeing my sweet Japanese girls sit in front of me and reject Christ has been one of the most difficult things I have endured here. I want so badly for them to see Jesus, to put their trust in him.
Today I spent the afternoon with H chan. She has been studying the bible for quite some time now, and I have seen her tear up each time as she fights with her decision to trust Jesus. She says "I can't, I just can't.. I don't know why?" She wants to so badly, but is blinded by the god of darkness. She is also afraid of what her friends and family would think as they have repeatedly discouraged her seeking Jesus.
I have so many friends who sit before me and say "Audrey, this seems so amazing, and Jesus is just so beautiful.. but I can't believe".
But his word does not go void, and so each time I share the gospel with my sweet friends I can picture how they will be as Christians. Transformed, not by their own efforts, but by Christ's power.
Oh Lord, save this nation! They are so blind. Be patient with them Lord as they are slow to believe.

3 comments:

Melissa and Drew Patton said...

Audrey, you're passion is so amazing!! I hope you get to see the harvest of your prayers.

drew

Faye Creech said...

Praying with you for the eyes of their hearts to be opened to see the loving arms of the Savior reaching out to them, waiting to hold them -
Faye

Bro. Rich said...

Audrey,
Your newsletters are so exciting to read! They sound just like you...duh! We love you and miss you.
Keep having those Bible studies...the Word is going to make a difference in the lives of your new friends!
Bro. Rich and Kay Kincl
(Just got back from an awesome 10 day trip to the Holy Land! We are leading a mission group to Guatemala April 12-19.)