Monday, November 26, 2007

Semi Truck.


The Lord hit me with one.
I could not ignore it this time.
The Lord has been convicting me about my heart for the people of Japan.
He said “Audrey, do you love them?”
“Yes, of course I do Lord and have for so long now!”
“Do you really love them?”
I felt like Simon. Why would he ask me this?
It broke my heart.
And so I confess this and all glory goes to God by me doing so.
I have been meeting, sharing and studying the bible with the Japanese people, but I have not been loving them. And I mean really loving them.
What good will I even do here in Japan if I do not love them, I might as well just go home.

I want to love them right where they are at, not wanting to change them.
Invest time in them.
Really be with them when I am, and trust the Lord to bring up the gospel.
Ask them questions about who they are.
Find out what makes them tick.
Discover what they love, fear and believe.
Be their friend.
Share laughs, joys and frustrations with them.

This is how God loves, he really loves.
Not this half way love that I have been trying to get by with. No this will certainly not do.
Forgive me Lord.
Forgive me for not really loving them.

…The Lord opened her heart to respond to Paul’s message. Acts 16:14
I ask that you will open their hearts Lord as you show me how to really love them.


3 comments:

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

This is such an amazing thing God is showing you Audge. You will be so wonderful at LOVING the people of Japan the way Jesus loves me and you...recklessly, unconditionally and with passion!!! I am praying for you Audrey and am so glad you share your heart so I can walk the path with you. I miss you my sweet friend!

Katy said...

Audrey...this is beautiful. Have you ever read Blue Like Jazz? It made me want to be a hippie..if you havent read it that probably doesnt make sense, but I hope if you have read it, then it encourages you to be a hippie for the Japanese. I love you and miss you...see you in about 7short months!

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

i love you!