Tuesday, August 21, 2007

meet my new friend.


The Japanese.. they are lonely.

They eat out by themselves all the time, and they even go to the movie theatre by themselves. How is it in a city of 33 million people somebody can feel alone?

Throughout this past month or so since I've been here I have felt lonely. Never before would I go out to eat by myself of walk around town by myself. I always would prefer for someone to be with me, even if I have to drag them. But I have learned that it is good to be by myself sometimes. Also that if you have a book by your side that you can go eat lunch alone because the book is your "okay to be alone" right. Blue like Jazz was my first new friend here.

But I learned that the Lord wanted me to feel this loneliness for a few reasons: one that I would personally see how it feels for the Japanese here. And two that I would learn to lean on Christ.
Van at Hillcrest put this together for my commissioning on April 29th.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTLcHY7t7-w

2 comments:

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

I know your lonliness was a necassary evil as God grows you up in this mission he has for you. But to read that makes me want to run to Japan and throw my arms around my precious little Audge Podge. Nothing is wasted and God sees that you sacrificed a very happy, "un-lonely" existence here in America to go to a place you were needed. Be encouraged!

Bro. Rich said...

Audrey,

We have prayed that God would give you His favor and cause you to be very attractive spiritually to the people of Japan.

You can see how God is drawing people to you...to His Spirit within you.

As I read your newsletter and rejoiced, I was excited...but not surprised.

We love you.

Bro. Rich and Kay Kincl