Wednesday, February 18, 2009

letter eighteen.

Skyline in Tokyo.

Jessi, Ruthie, and me with my amazing cast! (i always wanted one.. he he)

Now is the plum tree season. Next- Cherry blossom ;)

Krispy Kreme in Shinjuku, about 20 mins from my apt.

My sweeeeet friend rina and I meet every week for bible study, fellowship, and good food. Rina became a christian and was baptized this past summer and has really grown in her faith.
This past week we met at Krispy Kreme. I really like meeting with rina, because sometimes she is late, and that doesn't make me feel so bad when I'm seemingly always late!!
We met this girl in line named Haruna who is a freshman in College. RINA asked her to join us- this is a huge deal because that is very un-Japanese to invite a total stranger to join you. Then even more un-japanese for her to accept the invitation and sit with us. And she did! Rina, Haruna and I spent a nice time together just sharing stories, laughs, and life. Rina and I were even able to share the gospel and our testimonies with her!!
A little later Haruna had to leave for her 1:00 hair appointment. We still haven't heard from her, that is very common here- to spend even a whole day with someone and then never hear from them again. Rejection is something that I've had to become used to in Japan. But, we were able to share with her, and God will be faithful to put someone else in her path next as He grows the seeds in her heart.
1 Corinthians 3:7
It’s not important who does the planting, or who does the watering. What’s important is that God makes the seed grow.


We have a new bible study happening on Friday nights. I pray that all of our friends coming to this will become Christians soooo soon. ;) I love to watch Japanese hear about the things of the Bible for the first time, it is lovely.

recent news:
*yes, I have a cast on, so i can't go to hula class for a few weeks.
*i have been craving onegidi lately (a triangle rice snack with usually fish in the middle wrapped in seaweed)
*I almost put my hair in dreadlocks last week, but I found out it takes more effort than what my hair takes now. mmmmmmmm no.
*last week i started becoming more diligent in my Japanese studies, then i became lazy again about it.
*I'm currently in the middle of deciding what to do with the rest of my life -which doesn't belong to me, you see.. this is complicated. trust, faith, more trust, going crazy, trust again.

Love to you all.

4 comments:

Sarah Michelle said...

Oh my goodness I mis sthat Krispy Kreme! SO GREAT to hear about that girl and I'm so excited to see my Rina making that effort and that she was able to share. I'll definitely keep praying.

Also. Just move to Texas and your future will be planned out from there :)

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are awesome! I loved your update. Did I ever tell you that we had a Japanese exchange student live with us? I left for college and they replaced me with this tiny asian girl. Well, my dad (who had a facebook account) found her online. He said she lives outside of Tokyo now. Once she accepts my friendship, I'll see if I can get you two connected. We shared with her, and she has a Japanese/English bible- but she never really made a decision. I would LOVE for her to meet you! I hope you are interested!

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

Cool...a cast...

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Wow! I love that skyline and those plum trees. Tokyo looks gorgeous. One day I will go there with you...I would also like to try this triangular rice treat you speak of. hehe. I love you Audge, and you are so beautiful.
ps-im also lovin' the cast!